Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gushing Gifts

As back to school all too quickly approaches,  I have been thinking about Open House, and what gift or treat I am going to give my students this year.
 About a month ago, while at a teacher store I picked up some "5th Grade Rocks" pencils like I always do thinking I would just set one on each desk for the first day of school.  Then about 2 weeks ago I was in Target enjoying one of their amazing clearance sections, when I spotted some summer themed crazy straws. They had marked them down to 90% off, which meant I was going to get 3 straws for 10 cents! Every teacher enjoys a good bargain, and I just couldn't pass them up.  So then I got to thinking about what I could use them for.  I gave my students the "Crazy Kool" gifts that you so often see on Pinterest at the end of last year, and I am not one for repetitive gift giving!  So after much consideration and willing myself to come up with something clever, I chose the following!






This was so easy to do, I taped the straw and pencil to one end of the gusher packet, rolled it over a little bit at the top, taped it again and then wrapped it in some fun ribbon.  As far as the labels are concerned, I could not have done them with out one of my amazing punches.  If you do not have any of these, I suggest you get to your nearest craft store immediatly and purchase a couple - they are a life saver!  My mom was gracious enough to give Andrea and I each our own set made up of different shapes and sizes for Easter last year, and they have become one of my classroom essentials!  If you are intersted in the labels I am more then happy to share them with you!  Just email us at twosistersteach@gmail.com and I will send you the PDF!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment